Monday, July 4, 2011

Vogelsong, An All-Star and Inspiration


By this point you all know Octorara alum Ryan Vogelsong made this year's National League All-Star team.

Over the next several weeks leading up to the game on July 12th, Parkesburg Today will post snippets of his inspirational story with links to the longer article.

I've been nudging The Daily Local News in West Chester for the last several weeks to write about Ryan's story.

Here's their first article from this morning's paper.

Money quote:
"There's never been a time in my career when this seemed like even a realistic possibility," Vogelsong said. "A year ago, almost to the day, I got released and didn't know if I would ever pitch again."
"I did tell my wife, obviously, and my parents," Vogelsong said. "I told them not to tell anyone because things spread so fast on Twitter and Facebook. My parents don't know what Facebook is, though. Or Twitter."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken, its VogelsonG, not Vogelson.

Ken Knickerbocker said...

Corrected. TY